Hi, so after Picnik I started using Picmonkey but then they started requiring a membership to use all the good features. It’d be really amazing if you guys got Nip tuck, and a few other effects that make photos have a nice effect. Like on picmonkey maybe soemthing similar to Intrepid, Tranquil, Film Stock and their Cross Process has two other features. It’d be awesome if this site got something similar(:
Hi Linda, Thanks for the feedback! Here are some Ribbet equivalents to the PicMonkey effects you’ve mentioned:
- Nip tuck: Effects > Gooify. Not identical but very similar and we will be introducing brush size in a future version
- Film Stock: Velvia, Reala and Tri-X can be found under Advanced > Curves > Presets Dropdown
- Cross Process green/blue/red: These are also found in the Curves presets dropdown
- Tranquil is very close to the Curves preset “Polachrome Yellowed”
- A very similar effect to Intrepid can be achieved by applying the default “Custom” Curve setting, followed by Effects > Lomo-ish with a 65% fade
Yeah, guys, Nip/tuck feature will be so so cool. A lot of people are looking for it and since it is offered only on Picmonkey, which is not free, you are going to hit the jackpot by introducing it. Are you planning to offer it?
I tried doing the Intrepid effect, but I got confused with the Curve setting. When I choose “Custom,” do I do anything else with it, because nothing changes on the picture. Lomo-ish at 65% fade is still too concentrated for the cool Intrepid look. Am I missing something?