- Favorite your most loved Ribbet effects, stickers, frames & seasonals to keep them shortlisted on your Favorites tab
- Google+, Picasa Web and Blogger integration: Edit, save, optionally replace and create collages directly from these services (connect via Picasa, Google+ tab)
- 21st Century Impressionism: Create oil paintings from your photos with this brand new effect
- 23 New Out-of-this-world Sandbox Effects to take your image processing to a whole new level
- Eraser brush added to HDR-ish, Pencil Sketch, Neon and Posterize effects
- Increased background contrast for better visibility when creating a white Blank Canvas
- Ability to replace edited Flickr photos now a feature for everyone, not just Flickr Pro members
- Bug fixes: Closed tool-tips no longer popup on future visits, Flickr replace problems and saving to a particular Flickr Set fixed, Hitting Enter key on Blank Canvas dialog now working
Introducing the Eraser Tool by Ribbet! Now you can easily delete areas from layers, textures, frames and stickers on all your favorite Ribbet creations. That means it’s now easy to add another person to a photo, and to customize textures, stickers and frames by deleting areas you don’t want.
Also new in today’s update: Now you can add text using any font from your computer. That means you can download and install thousands of free fonts from websites like dafont.com and 1001freefonts.com and then use them in your Ribbet creations, leading to endless Typographic possibilities. Just click “Load My Fonts” at the bottom of the Ribbet font list to use any font from your computer!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… New feature time! Over the coming weeks Ribbet! will be releasing lots of exciting new features to keep your editing juices flowing.
Want to get a little more advanced? Use our new Pro Editor tool to open up your masterpiece in Pixlr, a Photoshop-like editor where you can use fonts from your computer, fill areas with color, create layers and much more. Or try Pixlr Express, a fun, easy editor similar to Ribbet with many additional fonts, filters, frames and stickers.
Once you save your changes your photo will be flattened and you can keep on editing. To use your edited photo as a sticker, click Undo after editing. Note that Ribbet isn’t affiliated with Pixlr, we’ve simply integrated with their API to allow you to use multiple editors from one easy place.
Feeling Artsy? Artsy Brush is an all-new painting feature which lets you add lots of new artsy doodles to your photos.
Both new tools can be found on the “Featured” tab, which we’ve completely revised and now features our Holiday seasonals which include santa hats, beards, snow filters, Hanukkah icons, gift tags and much more.
We are thrilled to announce today’s release of the latest version of Ribbet! featuring:
- Improved look and feel
- Chrome web app
- Fix for filename changing to "image" instead of using known filename (when saving)
- Fix for some Flickr images not rotating correctly in collages
- Fix for saving to Flickr and Facebook sometimes failing
- Flickr replace support: If you have already connected to Flickr click Library > Flickr and then Options > Disconnect and then reconnect to allow the option to replace when saving an edited Flickr image (you only need to do this once)
- Various stability and interface improvements
- New contact us page on our site for one-on-one support and improved press kit page for bloggers and webmasters
Here are a few advanced tips for Ribbet experts and apprentices:
- Hold shift when resizing a shape to distort it
- When color selecting, click the small rectangle to the right of the color picker to then select a color from your photo!
- Right click on text, stickers, frames etc for more options including duplicate, bring to front and delete
- Use “Advanced Blend Modes” under the color picker to make text and stickers transparent, and use the color picker to change the color of stickers
- When using the “doodle” tool and other brush tools like “blemish fix”, use the [ and ] keys on the keyboard to change your brush size
- Use the photo basket to add custom textures to your photos by dragging items from the basket over your photo and then adjusting the “Advanced Blend Mode” and fade level
- Double-click the hex color code on the color picker (a 6 number/letter code like FFFFFF) to enter your own specific color code
Share your own advanced tips or let us know if you’ve got any questions
It’s been a month now since Ribbet launched and today we have released the most exciting features so far:
- Edit your pictures directly from Facebook and Flickr
- A Facebook app
- Save your edited pics directly to Facebook and Flickr
- Replace Flickr photos you edit (Flickr pro users only)
- Edit your Facebook friends’ photos
- Use Facebook, Flickr, History and Web photos to create collages and layers from the photo basket
- Crop to Facebook timeline preset (in the Crop dropdown)
- Basic Downloader for those having problems downloading
- Fixed issue with Advanced > Curves not working correctly
- Fixed speed issue loading items from history
If that’s not an awesome list, I don’t know what is! Let us know what you think.