Cut image out of photo

Home Forums Questions & Answers Cut image out of photo

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      debib

I have a couple photos that I only want to cut an image out of and can’t figure it out. In the first photo, I just want the house (not everything else in the photo). The other photo is a person that I want to cut / isolate just the person out of the picture so that he can be put on a white background. Make sense? How do I do this? It doesn’t seem like I can use the new eraser tool for this because once I upload the picture I never get the properties pop up box where the eraser tool is located. Please help. Thank you very much for your time and information!

• #1080 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Debib, If you’re wanting to erase part of a photo to make the background white, instead of using the Eraser Tool you can use the Doodle Tool (towards the end of the Effects Tab) in order to paint white over the areas you want deleted. If you then want part of another photo (e.g. a person) to go on this white background, you can drag this second photo onto the first photo (from the Photo Basket) and then use the Eraser Tool to erase unwanted areas.

• #1129 Reply
      debib

The doodle tool works. I did it. It leaves pretty ragged edges though. Is there a way to cut out the image/person/item so that the edges are smooth and the “rest” of the picture is left transparent so that it can be layered on something else?

• #1133 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Debib, To reduce the ragged edges with the Doodle Tool you can reduce the Hardness slider down a little. Even at 90% it will produce a softer edge.

The next version of Ribbet (coming in the next week or so) will allow you to create a blank, transparent image which you will then be able to drag a photo onto (from the photo basket) and erase the parts you don’t want. In the current version what you can do is open up the photo you want to layer onto (i.e. the background photo) and then drag the photo you want to erase from on top (the image/person/item). You can then use the eraser tool on this new layer to put the image/person/item onto this background.

• #1134 Reply
      debib

Wow. Sounds like great updates will be here soon. Thank you for a great product. I really like it and am so glad to have found it when PicNik closed.

• #3695 Reply
      Valerie

How do u erase some spots in your photo

• #3699 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Valerie, The simplest way to achieve this is to use the Doodle tool (towards the end of the Effects tab) to paint over your image. You can select colors from your image by clicking the Color selector and then clicking on your image.

Alternatively you can use the Pro tab > Clone tool to clone nearby areas of your photo over the spots you want to erase.

• #6304 Reply
      tiffany andrews

i have pic where there is a paintbrush in the front of someones face and i need it to be erased so all i can see is the persons face..HELP how do i do it

• #6309 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Tiffany, Thanks for contacting us! It will be tricky to remove the paintbrush, but the best way to try to achieve this is using the Pro tab > Clone tool. Firstly reduce the Brush Size slider down to around 10-15, and then select an area to the side of the paintbrush. Next paint over where the paintbrush is. This is effectively copying and pasting the nearby area of the face over the paintbrush, which is the best way to achieve a realistic result. You can also zoom right in using the Zoom box (down the bottom right of the screen) to allow for more accuracy. Let us know if you have any further questions!

• #6457 Reply
      Kat

Hi! I can’t seem to find the Doodle tool. Where is it? And how does the clone tool work? It doesnt seem to work on mine.

• #6459 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Kat, Thanks for contacting us! The Doodle tool is the 6th last tool on the Effects tab. The Clone tool is kind of like copy/paste for your image. First click on your source position (where you’d like to copy content from), and then paint (by dragging your mouse with the button held down) onto the target position (where you’d like to paste the content). You can always reposition the source by clicking the Source Position button.

• #6606 Reply
      Maureen

What is the simplest way to remove one person from a picture and replace their picture with someone elses?

• #6631 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Maureen, Thanks for contacting us! The simplest way is to first open up the image of the person you want to remove. Then drag on the other picture from the Photo Basket (at the bottom of the editor). Next use the Eraser Tool (on the Photo Properties dialog which appears) to erase around the person on this second picture. Let us know if you have any further questions!

• #23599 Reply
      NanaYaa

Please I cant seem to find the doodle tool, please tell me exactly where it is located

• #23602 Reply
        Ribbet
        Keymaster

Hi NanaYaa,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You can find the Doodle tool on the Effects tab of our program version. It’s now called “Sketch” but you can also search for it using the term “Doodle” in the search bar at the top of the Effects tab.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

– Ben

Viewing 13 reply threads
Reply To: Cut image out of photo
Your information: