April 4, 2012 at 12:34 am #74RibbetKeymaster
If you have trouble loading any page in the Ribbet application you may see endless spinning gears, a stuck loading bar, a blank page, or a Flash Player error message. Use these steps to resolve the issue:
Step 1. Go directly to the Ribbet app
Skip the welcome page. Access Ribbet directly at http://www.ribbet.com/app
Step 2. Force refresh Ribbet
1. Go to http://www.ribbet.com/ or force refresh the page you’re already on.
2. Click the refresh button next to the address bar in your browser or try the following:
– PC: Hold down Ctrl and press F5
– Mac: Hold down Command and press R
Step 3. Clear your browser cache
Follow these steps to clear your browser’s cache.
Step 4. Clear shared objects
A local shared object is very similar to a browser cookie, but for Flash websites like Ribbet. It’s a data file that Ribbet creates on your computer to help improve your experience. Learn more about local shared objects at Adobe.com.
When these shared objects become corrupted or old, it can affect your ability to upload. Follow these steps to clear your shared objects in Adobe Flash Player:
1. Go to Abobe’s Flash Player help web site. The Settings Manager that you see is not just an image; it’s the actual Flash Player Settings Manager.
2. Scroll through the list of sites and select http://www.ribbet.com
3. Click the Delete Website button for each.
4. Confirm the deletion.
5. Open the Global Storage Settings Panel.
6. Check both of the following boxes:
– Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer.
– Store common Flash components to reduce download times.
Once you’ve cleared your local shared objects, please clear your browser cache (Step 3) again.
Step 5. Update Adobe Flash Player
This takes about 3 minutes and is totally free.
Step 6. Disable any Flash or ad-blocking Extensions
Ribbet needs Flash to run. Certain browser Extensions and Add-ons block Flash from working. You’ll need to disable these Extensions or whitelist Ribbet. Below are browser-specific steps to find out what Extensions or Add-ons you’re using:
– Chrome: Open a new tab and type chrome://extensions.
– Firefox: Click Tools > Add-ons.
– Internet Explorer: Click Tools > Manage Add-ons.
To whitelist Ribbet, add *.ribbet.com/* as an exception in the Extension or Add-on.
Recent Forum Posts
- December 2020
- October 2020
- May 2020
- October 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- November 2018
- October 2018
- August 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- October 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012