Upload and edit HEIC images from iPhone?

Home Forums Questions & Answers Upload and edit HEIC images from iPhone?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Beej Cobalt

I could not upload any .heic image file into Ribbet. Is it possible to use the new iPhone image format or not? I was going to install a Ribbet moble app to my iPhone 8 Plus if it would work with the new native iPhone image format of .heic.

• #10168 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Beej,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

There should be no problem using .heic images within our iOS apps, however this format isn’t currently supported on our desktop editor.

Are you having any problems with editing images on iOS or have you not yet tried?

Regards – The Ribbet Team

• #10169 Reply
      Beej Cobalt

I found out that I can do it easily on the iPhone, but definitely not the desktop program running on my Mac.

One problem I am seeing common to many conversions from HEIC images to JPG is that they are over sharp. It was especially prominent today when I shot a photo with my phone today and then edited it directly in Ribbet. I am seeing this problem in a number of apps and also in online converters. Thanks for answering right away.

• #10171 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Very glad to hear it’s not a bug in our app 🙂

With the sharpness issue, would you mind please emailing us a before HEIC file and after JPG or PNG file to support [at] ribbet.com. You can make save appear by making any change (e.g. Autofix) and then undoing that change. We will then be able to compare to see if we can resolve this sharpness issue.

Is the issue apparent if you zoom right in on your photo (within the Ribbet app)? Perhaps it is just apparent when zoomed out.

Regards – The Ribbet Team

• #24311 Reply
      Debby Farmer

Something has really changed! I’ve been using Ribbet for years, because it’s user friendly. For the last few months, I’ve been shooting photos with my iPhone 13 ProMax. I store them on google photos. I’ve been downloading them onto my PC for additional storage. I’ve had zero problems uploading from my PC to Ribbet, including HEIC format. I made sure to choose “All files”. From there, I was able to edit photos and save them in JPG format. Now, all of a sudden, I cannot upload HEIC format to Ribbet? What changed? PS: No, I don’t have the Ribbet mobile app, as I like using my PC AND I didn’t want to pay additional fees.

Thank you, Debby

• #24313 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Debby, We have followed up about this through email to see if we can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks,
      – Ben

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Upload and edit HEIC images from iPhone?
Your information: