Fonts are ‘chopped’ off!

Home Forums Help Fix a problem Fonts are ‘chopped’ off!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jennifer Miller

Hi there,
      I’m having a bit of a problem & wondering if you know of a solution.
      It seems that there a lot of fonts (seems to be mostly script-y ones) that once loaded into Ribbet, they are chopped off at the top and/or bottom.
      I’ve saved an image in my history ( 3/31/17 9:54am) so you can see what I mean. I am on an iMac running in Firefox.
      Can you help?
      Thanks!

• #9087 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear that you’ve run into this issue. This is a known problem which does affect some fonts loaded from your computer. We will fix this issue in the future, however in the meantime you can try:

– Adding a Return (hit Enter on your keyboard) before and after the text (so that there is space above and below the line, which can prevent the cropping)
      – Also, sometimes this will affect only certain versions of the font. If you’ve downloaded and installed the font from a free font site, sometimes finding a different version of that font can correct the problem.

Let us know if we can assist further in any way, and I’ll update this forum thread when the problem has been fixed.

• #9089 Reply
      Jennifer

Thank you!

• #9211 Reply
      Eric

This is also happening to me currently. It happens with my fonts but also basic global ones. I cannot resize once the words have been added.

• #9213 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Eric,

There is currently a known issue with the “Global” font under the latest version of Chrome. It is cropped when sizing it too large. This doesn’t affect the other standard Ribbet fonts though – you should still be able to size them as large as you need.

We will resolve this problem, but if you need to resize “Global” in the meantime you can temporarily work around the issue by using a different web browser, such as Firefox, Safari, Edge or Internet Explorer.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Fonts are ‘chopped’ off!
Your information: