Custom collage features & REAL transparent drop shadows?

Home Forums Questions & Answers Custom collage features & REAL transparent drop shadows?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      AlyKat731

Will Ribbet be offering custom designer collages like Picnik had anytime in the near future? That was I feature I used frequently, more so than the plain standard collages.

Also — something very much lacking — even when saving images in PNG format, the images didn’t save as TRULY transparent so images with drop shadows still could not be used on backgrounds other than white. Can this be addressed/fixed?

Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi AlyKat731,

The original custom designer collages (“fancy collages”) included in Picnik weren’t able to be included in Ribbet as we couldn’t obtain the license to use them. In the future we will be including new and improved fancy collages.

With transparent PNGs, you should be able to create truly transparent PNGs right now. When using a “drop shadow” frame, or “rounded corners” or anything else with a transparent checkbox, make sure this is checked. Then when you save it will be transparent.

Hope that helps 🙂

AlyKat731

Ok – I see. Let me rephrase the question — can you make that option available specifically to the postage stamp frame?

I work for Easter Seals and our logo is represented by the postage stamp border. Therefore, much of the imagery in our materials are also framed in the postage stamp border so I specifically need THAT frame to have a realistic drop shadow WITH transparency (as well as the other frame options, but the postage stamp is the most important to me).

AlyKat731

Hi Ribbet folks —- any answer/thoughts to my response?!?

Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi AlyKat731, I see what you mean. Yes we will make the postage stamp border and other borders transparent in a future release. I don’t have an exact date for you but it is now on our to do list.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Custom collage features & REAL transparent drop shadows?’ is closed to new replies.