When I save my photos changing their name, where can I retrieve them?

Home Forums Questions & Answers When I save my photos changing their name, where can I retrieve them?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Raelene Barbato

This morning I went to my “Recent Uploads) and saved many of the photos changing the name of each photo….Where do I go now to retrieve those unedited photos?

• #9239 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Raelene,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

When you change the name just before saving a file, it has the effect of saving the actual image file on your computer with that name, and also saving the History entry (on the Library > History tab in Ribbet) with that name.

So, the answer would be that the files will be on your computer with that name, and on the Library > History tab with that name. If you’re unable to locate the files on your computer, try saving a new image in Ribbet and after clicking the red Save Photo button, take a look at the location in the file save dialog (this is most likely where the other files are).

Let us know if I’ve misunderstood the question, or if you have any other questions!

• #9705 Reply
      Julie

Since I updated my Ribbet, I don’t get an option to choose a location where to save my photos and they all get saved to “Documents”. Can this be changed?

• #9707 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Julie,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This is actually a limitation of newer versions of the Safari web browser. If you instead use a different web browser – in particular we recommend Google’s free Chrome browser, then you will have the option to select the save destination.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• #24569 Reply
      Tracy Hurlbert

Ugh! I loved using Ribbet…Until you fixed it. Where is the Save button? The last version was great for me. This one really is not. Is there any way to get the old one back?

• #24572 Reply
        Ribbet
        Keymaster

Hi Tracy,

The Save button is now called “Export”. You can see it up the top right.

The old version (previously Flash) is still available as a program from https://ribbet.com/download (for Premium members only). Once installed it will add an icon to your Windows desktop or Mac icon bar, and you can always open it using that icon. You can also sign into it with your Ribbet account.

Any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #9707 in When I save my photos changing their name, where can I retrieve them?
Your information:

Cancel