Underwater

Home Forums Questions & Answers Underwater

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Heather

Hi guys – is there a way in Ribbet that you can alter the blue hue in underwater photos – have just come home from Egypt and my pics are all blue……. I know it can be done in photoshop but that is too technical for me and also too expensive LOL. any help for a novice would be appreciated
      Thanks Heather

• #5711 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Heather, Thanks for contacting us. There are a few ways to achieve this. The simplest is to go the Effects tab > Hand Tinted effect (around half-way down the page of effects). Set the Red, Blues, and Greens sliders all to 100%, and then slowly bring down the Blues slider (which reduces the amount of blue in the image). Let us know if this doesn’t achieve what you’re after or if you have any further questions!

• #5712 Reply
      Heather

Thanks so much guys for the speedy response. will give it a try later on and let you know how i go on x

• #5714 Reply
      Heather

Hi – right, have given it a good and it goes help take out the blue and green tints from the background but of course it also takes out some colours from the coral and most importantly the fish – but at least I end up with better than the original so it is a help. Thanks!

• #5717 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Heather, You can be selective about the areas you reduce the color from. After bringing down the Blues/Greens from the Hand Tinted effect, you can erase the effect from any areas where you want the original coloring (such as fish). To do this simply drag your mouse over the areas you want to erase the effect from (while holding down the mouse button). You can adjust the eraser’s size, hardness and strength on the Effect Painting dialog which will be somewhere on the screen (normally to the top left). Let us know if you have any further issues!

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #5712 in Underwater
Your information:

Cancel