Transparent Image

Home Forums Questions & Answers Transparent Image

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Nicole

I have a PNG image of a logo but when I upload it to Ribbet,it uploads with a black square background. Is there a way to upload without the black?

• #2537 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Nicole, This is a current limitation of Ribbet. There is a workaround though: Create a Blank Canvas (from the Home tab or the Library > Start tab) with dimensions matching the image’s and with Transparent ticked. Next drag on your transparent image from the Photo Basket and the result will be the transparency you’re after.

• #23648 Reply
      Joi Keeling

Hi, I did what you said and still my transparent images show up with a solid black background. Even with opening a transparent session. This really sucks because I used to do a lot of my photo editing with Ribbet.. Now what’s the point if I can’t create the graphics I want with png’s being useless 🙁

• #23650 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Joi,

This is actually an extremely old post from 2013. If you have a transparent PNG you can just upload it and it will maintain its transparency.

If you have any further issues with this, can you please email our support an example image and describe your issue to support [at] ribbet.com. It may be that your original image doesn’t actually have transparency (not all PNGs do).

Or, let us know if you have any further questions about this. Thanks!

– Ben

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #23648 in Transparent Image
Your information:

Cancel