SIZE

Home Forums Help Fix a problem SIZE

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      HARRIETTE

How come i cant change the width and the length to my own chosen size, every time i type the size i want it then changes the other size so if i put i want 1280 width it then changes the length to the size i don’t want. it doesn’t let me choose the length and the width to my chosen size!!!

• #12965 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Harriette,

Thanks for reaching out to us! This is done by default so as not to distort your image, because if you resize to a different proportion than the original your image will be stretched or squashed. However, you can override this by unchecking the Keep Proportions checkbox within our Resize tool.

The other thing you can do is to first Resize and keep the proportions, and to then Crop in order to get the exact dimensions you want.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards – The Ribbet Team

• #13184 Reply
      Karin

Hi- I’m new to the site & have been exploring how to make a collage. Is there a basic tutorial I can read/view? I am interested in making a collage with approximately 35-40 photos and I’d like to size it either as a 11″x17″ or the next standard size up. Can you point me in the right direction as far as learning how to do that?
      Thank you

• #13189 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Karin,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

There is a basic tutorial here. Achieving this should be pretty straightforward – basically choosing your desired layout on the left, and then dragging on the images from the Photo Basket at the bottom. For making it 11×17″, choose 11×17 when creating your collage in the dropdown on the left that says “No Constraints”.

Also note that you can drag images “between” cells to insert a new cell, that way you can add more images to a layout. You can also delete cells from a collage by clicking the cross up the top right.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• #13261 Reply
      Karin

Thanks for the quick feedback – I’ve been able to size my collage correctly. One more question for you… on my initial collage, I have 37 photos. I have played around with it a bit and decided to add another 37 photos to it. The first group (A) is placed directly above the second group (B). Basically, photo (A) is a shot of kids age 5 and photo (B) is a shot of the same kid, age 11. What I’d like to do is create a more definitive border around each A/B photo ‘box’, does that make sense? I see I can increase the border width for the entire collage, but can I increase the border width for each A/B photo ‘box’?
      I hope my explanation makes sense. Otherwise, I’m enjoying exploring your site – it is really fun and I anticipate using it more lots of future projects!

• #13274 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Karin,

That’s a pleasure! There isn’t a way to adjust the border width for individual cells of a collage, but there are ways around this. Here are a couple of thoughts:

– You could create 2 collages (and save them separately): the first for group A and the second group B. For each collage use the border width you want for that group.

Then create a 3rd collage with just 2 cells and drag on the 2 collages you just created (you can add previously saved collages to your cells by changing the Photo Basket’s dropdown to “History”)

– You could also edit any individual photo or collage and add a Frame to it from the Frames tab, such as our simple “Border” frame. Then you could create a new collage and include that edit (using “History” in the Photo Basket again).

Let us know if you have any questions about these as they include a few slightly tricky steps.

• #16813 Reply
      Heather

hey! I am editing artwork and wanted to change them to 5.25 x 7.25 for printing on giclees and cards but the image size is only in pixels and I want to get this specific size. Is there any way to do this ? Thanks for any help

• #16816 Reply
        Ribbet
        Keymaster

Hi Heather,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Yes, thanks to a recent enhancement there is a simple way to do this:

– If editing a Photo, within the Basic tab > Crop tool, choose “Custom Ratio…” in the dropdown and enter 5.25 x 7.25. You can then crop to this exact dimension.

– If creating a Grid Collage or starting with a Blank Canvas, do the exact same thing in the Constraints dropdown.

Let us know if you have any questions.

• #18789 Reply
      Nicole

Hi there, my colleague has been using Photoshop to create our blog cover images (https://www.datamine.com/datafix) and now I’m taking over the creation of those images – rather than buy Photoshop, however, I’ve purchased Ribbet premium because it’s user friendly, inexpensive, I’ve been using it personally for years etc. Unfortunately we’ve found that the image quality is too low for our website, even on the archived setting, and that small details like our logo strapline are blurry or the edges are pixelated and not smooth – I looked at some forum posts and then tried creating the image at twice the size and resizing it to be smaller once it had been saved to my computer (in order to be our standard blog image size, 670 x 450 px). This made the quality better on certain things, but not on the text smoothness around the edges (see the most recent blog post on our site for this). I’m really keen to keep using Ribbet rather than switching to photoshop, but in order to do that we need images that are as close to 600 dpi as possible. Is there any other way to ensure this quality in Ribbet? Thank you!

• #18793 Reply
        Ribbet
        Keymaster

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for reaching out to us! There are a couple of things you can do here:

– Try saving in PNG format instead of JPG (this is an option on the Save tab), or if saving in JPG try increasing the quality slider to 8 or 9.

– For retina displays (e.g. Macbooks and newer laptops), you can actually create your images at double the width and height, and then reduce it in the HTML width and height attributes to the true size you need to display it at. This will create a sharper look on those monitors.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #16816 in SIZE
Your information:

Cancel