Shockwave flash crash

Home Forums Questions & Answers Shockwave flash crash

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      4cassandra

Often when I am using Ribbet the page goes black and I get the message SHOCK WAVE FLASH CRASHED and there is a little yellow puzzle piece with a sad face on it and I can’t do anything but exit. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening as it is very frustrating. This morning every time I tried to use the Vibrance tool this happened immediately.,
      I appreciate your help,
      Cheers,
      Cassandra

• #385 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi 4cassandra, I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. We are investigating it and will see what we can find. This problem isn’t occurring for everyone but is specific to some clients. Some potential fixes for this problem are listed here.

• #387 Reply
      jack
    • #400 Reply
      4cassandra

Thanks so much for both your answers Jack and Ribbet.
      I’m afraid I’m not very technological but I will give it ago 🙂

• #473 Reply
      Wiregirl12

I have the same issue, and it’s with mostly the items marked premium. Because of Hulu, I already did what the external link above said to do for Chrome and I still get crashes, enough of them that I’m getting offline and doing this with Gimp.

• #517 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

I’d also suggest trying Google Chrome as your web browser (if you aren’t already). It solves many issues such as this one.

• #545 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

If you are experiencing these problems in Chrome, the easiest fix is to type about:plugins into your browser’s address bar. Up the top right click “Details” and then under Adobe Flash Player with a Location ending in pepflashplayer.dll click Disable. This may very well resolve any issues you are experiencing.

• #546 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Another update: we have just released a patch to resolve issues specific to Gritty and Vibrancy. Crashes should no longer occur on these effects in Google Chrome.

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #473 in Shockwave flash crash
Your information:

Cancel