Saving an image after editing

Home Forums Questions & Answers Saving an image after editing

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Vickie Wheeler

I downloaded new version with out Flash. Open with desktop Icon. After I edit an image; then, do a save as, it gives me a notification that PHOTO SAVE FAILED. My options are basic download/rename file. I click on rename file; then, when the Image appears it is showing as, (for example Image 379-picnik, instead of a jpeg file. Then, I have to rename each image that I have edited. It’s frustrating because there are too many extra steps when editing and saving. Then, after renaming the image, it leaves me with the previous image and the renamed image. How can I correct. Thanks for your assistance.

• #23484 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Vickie,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear that you’ve run into this issue!

I will email you directly now to follow up and help resolve the problem.

– Regards, The Ribbet Team

• #23491 Reply
      Shirley Fuoco

When I create from a blank canvas and set a specific size for my image, I then save it to my computer. When I open it to print, the image prints a completely different size. It’s much larger than desired and I don’t know how to fix the issue. I am printing a 1125 x 1350 image on 8.5 x 11″ paper and the image winds up filling half the page.

• #23493 Reply
        Ribbet
        Keymaster

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

When you go to print the image, can you please check the following printer options are correct:

– Landscape vs Portrait orientation
        – Either “Fill” or “Fit” the paper is selected

Depending on the particular printer software you may need to go into Advanced settings.

Does that help? If not, could you please email us (to support [at] ribbet.com) some screenshots of your available printer options and we will see what we can suggest?

• #23494 Reply
      Shirley Fuoco

Unfortunately the response didn’t help me. I can not believe the difficulty I am having with getting the blank canvas size to print correctly. I am using an HP Laser Jet Pro printer. I never had issues with sizing when using the old version of PicMonkey. They discontinued the program which is why I switched to ribbet.
      When I open Blank Canvas, I enter a desired print size, for example 4″ x 4″ or 1200×1200 and then save it. I’ll upload a saved photo from my computer and use the ribbet tools to make changes, add effects etc. I then save the image to my computer. When I’m ready to print, I open the document and it print size is near a full 8.5″ x 11″ page. I have tried every option I have on my printer and NO LUCK.
      I have spent days trying to figure this out but no luck. I’ve signed up for a monthly subscription and hope I can overcome the issue. I am honestly at a total loss. I’ve been creating my own labels etc for years so this isn’t new to me.

• #23496 Reply
        Ribbet
        Keymaster

Hi Shirley,

Sorry to hear that! This could actually be because I think by default Ribbet is saving JPG images at 96DPI, so the 1200×1200 image is printing at 12.5×12.5″ instead of 4×4″.

If you can manually enter a scaling percentage when printing, you could correct this by scaling it to 32%. If it doesn’t give you this option, you could try opening the image in Chrome (you can drag the image on), selecting Print… (from the 3 dots option menu up the top right) and using the “Custom” scaling setting to do this.

Alternatively you could try saving in PNG format and printing that. Although I’m not certain what DPI the printer will then default to.

A final option is resizing the image from 1200×1200 to 384×384 and printing that (I would use this as a last resort though).

• #23497 Reply
      Shirley Fuoco

Thank you very much! I was able to scale to 32% and the print was perfect. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I use the same percentage (32) for all my projects regardless of the size?

• #23499 Reply
        Ribbet
        Keymaster

Brilliant I’m so pleased to hear that!! Yes, use the exact same percentage (32%) regardless of the print size. This basically converts from 96DPI to 300DPI for any image.

Let us know though if you run into any further problems or need any further help.

• #23503 Reply
      Shirley Fuoco

This is a BIG THANK YOU for helping me!!!!!! I will spread the word about this fabulous editing site! I am extremely happy with it!

Customer Service is awesome!!!!!!!

• #24582 Reply
      Audra

(Awaiting moderation)

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #23499 in Saving an image after editing
Your information:

Cancel