rights to use pictures…?

Home Forums Questions & Answers rights to use pictures…?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Veronica Johnson

I am a new photographer. I just took pictures for a charity. Am I allowed to use the images of collages I made on this site to send to the charity, or to use on my new website? I have only had my business for 1 month.

Thank you!

• #565 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

The answer is yes, but you have to be careful using elements such as stickers, textures and frames that have sticker-like elements in your photos. These can’t be used for commercial purposes unless you buy the rights. If you have particular textures, frames or stickers you’d like to use we can show you where to purchase them.

• #566 Reply
      Veronica Johnson

Please tell me which frames/collages are forbidden. I gave the pictures to the charity, but told them they are not allowed to use them unless I am given your permission – I made that very clear to them! The majority are collages with a solid color background. I believe only one actually has a frame. Thank you very much!

• #570 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Collages are fine. The frames which may require a small ($5-10) purchase would be ones that use elements such as holly, ornaments and easter eggs. If you want to make certain if a frame is valid for commercial use you can email us the photo to support [at] ribbet.com and we’ll let you know.

• #2291 Reply
      Katie

HI!!! Just wanted to get some more info on purchasing the stickers and frames for commercial use. My friend and I have a blog and now are starting an Etsy Shop and would love to make some printables. For example right now I would love to start making some 4th of July stuff and I love your selection of stickers for that! Just wondering the price of a license or if it costs for each sticker you use etc. Thank you so much for your time and we look forward to hearing back from you! 🙂 Katie

• #2294 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Katie, I’ve emailed you regarding pricing.

• #5850 Reply
      Cassandra

Hi, I am looking for details regarding the purchasing and usage of Stickers for commercial use.
      Any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• #5854 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Cassandra, Please send us an email to support [at] ribbet.com and let us know exactly which Sticker groups you’re interested in. We will then forward you the details for purchasing the relevant licenses. Thanks!

• #5875 Reply
      Deborah

I am a photographer and sometimes use your program to do a pencil drawing or add an overlay or something to my photograph. I was reading the above comments and so I am wondering, if its my photo and I edited it here, am I not allowed to use it for commercial sales?
      Thanks

• #5879 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Deborah, Thanks for contacting us. You can absolutely use Ribbet for commercial sales, with the following exceptions:

– The stickers and the frames with sticker elements (such as the flower frame) may require the purchase of one or more stock images. If you would like to make use of these commercially, then let us know specifically which stickers you want to use and we’ll forward you a link for the stock images required.
      – Some fonts require a small payment for commercial use (click the little human icon next to the Add / Delete buttons on the Text tab for a link to the font designer’s website to check on this).

Let us know if you have any questions!

Viewing 9 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #5854 in rights to use pictures…?
Your information:

Cancel