Publicity ?

Home Forums Questions & Answers Publicity ?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Helene Grenier

First, excuse me for my poor english, I will do my best to be understanding 🙂

I want to know if is normal to have a new publicity in the high of ribbet for 1 week now ?

Something like free trial paint shop pro ?

Or it’s just me ?

It’very annoying thing 🙁

Thank you for the answer.

• #748 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Helene, Your English is very good, no need to apologize! We are trialing some advertisements at the top of the editor. Please see our Facebook announcement here. We are doing this to keep Ribbet Premium free for longer.

If you don’t like the ads you can hide them by clicking “Hide Ad” up the top right of the screen when the editor starts.

• #749 Reply
      Helene Grenier

thank you for the answer 🙂

• #3648 Reply
      Debbie

ads are fine – these “download” buttons are misleading and, in my opinion, really bad for your image.
      Take the ads – but these ads look like a version of Ribbet is available for download. You have an amazing software tool that allows online editing, and should be able to sell premium upgrades. But, the type of ad creative you are allowing is really bad. Too many people will be mislead and download a really bad program onto their computer.

• #3650 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Debbie, Thanks for contacting us and for your candid feedback.

We agree with you that these ads can be deceptive. Many of the advertisements that display on Ribbet, including these “download” buttons, are automatically displayed by the Google AdSense network which we have adopted. This network (run by Google and the most popular on the internet) automatically displays ads it deems relevant based on both the content of the page and the visitor’s browsing habits. So basically we didn’t specifically select these ads to display and not everyone sees them. They are automatically displayed to only certain users.

There are however ways for us to filter which ads do display, and we will look at what’s possible in reducing user confusion by blocking any deceptive advertisers or advertising categories.

Also, as we move to making Ribbet a paid service, the number of ads will reduce and for paid members there will be none within the editor whatsoever. Thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it a lot.

• #3653 Reply
      Debbie

You are such a great competitor for photoshop when all I want to do is simple photo edits and text embedded in photos. I would pay for that. Also, you can filter some Google Ads – it’s the download buttons that adopt your same colors without any naming explanation that are dangerously misleading. Scary actually. But, good luck, I love!!! this program.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #3653 in Publicity ?
Your information:

Cancel