Old editor malfunction & new sketch tool

Home Forums Questions & Answers Old editor malfunction & new sketch tool

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by HV.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Mij

The zoom in / zoom out function in the old editor suddenly does not work anymore (at least, not using the scroll wheel on the mouse). This makes it nearly impossible to work on tiny details.

Also: will you be bringing back the Doodle tool in the new editor? The Sketch tool does not allow to adjust transparency *after* drawing, making it quite useless for photo retouching. Thanks!

• #11128 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Mij,

Thanks so much for alerting us to these issues! We will fix both of them – the scroll wheel on the old editor and we will also add a Fade slider to the Sketch tool on the New UI. Please stay tuned for this update soon.

Regards – The Ribbet Team

• #11197 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Mij,

As an update: We’ve now fixed the scroll wheel issue on the old editor, and also added Fade to Sketch (along with fixing the Blend Mode dropdown so that it applies to everything you’ve already sketched).

Let us know if you have any other feedback!

• #11240 Reply
      Margery Burns

I’ve continued using the old editor and was perfectly happy with it when yesterday I went to use the Doodle Tool and it was completely changed!!!!!! and entirely worthless!!!!!!!!!!! It isn’t anything like the old one and when I play around with it, the way it operates makes no sense to me. I run a business based on editing with Ribbet–if I can’t get the same Doodle Tool back, I won’t be able to use Ribbet anymore and will have to search for an alternative. I’m so distressed about this.

• #11241 Reply
      Margery Burns

I just wrote a long comment about my distress over the change in the Doodle editing tool that appeared yesterday in the old editor. Then this window popped up and says “(Awaiting Moderation)” so I don’t know what that means, and I d on’t know if my comment went through or not. I’m so frustrated I could scream. The old Doodle tool has helped me create images that I’ve been able to sell through my website for the last 5 years–This modified Doodle is completely different and doesn’t even make sense.

• #11438 Reply
        HV

Same as I!! I need the Doodle tool back, please!!!

• #11315 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Margery,

Thanks for reaching out to us and we’re very sorry for any frustration caused! We will revert the Doodle tool (on our old editor) back to how it was before within the next 1-2 days, and let you know once this has been done.

The “Awaiting moderation” message just means that the forum message needs to be checked for spam before being posted publicly within our forum (because forum spam is common and can fill our blog and forum with ads and nonsense).

Sorry again for any inconvenience and everything will be as it was previously shortly.

• #11439 Reply
      HV

Please add the Doodle Tool as in the old version!
      It is why I choose Ribbet and not another alternative. I need it for my work and If you don’t have it, I guess I need to look for another editor (and I love old version of Ribbet! )
      Please !!!!

• #11473 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi HV,

We have now reverted our old version to have the original Doodle tool. We will also be adding the following improvements to the new Sketch tool in our new editor soon:

– Make the cursor transparent (not a colour) and instead show the circle brush cursor like the old Doodle does
      – Make blend mode work like the old Doodle does

Let us know if there are any other improvements you’d like to see to the new sketch tool or if you have any other issues!

• #11528 Reply
      HV

OMG!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
      YOU’RE THE BEST!!! I GOT MEY DOODLE BACK!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #11528 in Old editor malfunction & new sketch tool
Your information:

Cancel