Nip/tuck

Home Forums Questions & Answers Nip/tuck

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Courtlyn

I really enjoyed the nip/tuck tool on picmonkey.com, before it required money. Is there a similar tool or action that can replace this feature?

• #685 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Courtlyn, The Gooify effect (on the Effects Tab towards the end of the list) is very similar to Nip/Tuck although not identical. We will be introducing brush size on this tool in a future version and potentially further enhancements to make it more like Nip/Tuck.

• #794 Reply
      Andrea Johnston

I want to change out one of my photos, however it is only letting me “layer” them? How do I get out of that? also, on screen it looks good, but when I print at home, it looks a bit different? i.e. on screen 4 photos are as I want them and when printed they are cropped? another 3 photos on screen look like heads are cut off, but when I print they are fine?

Going to send to a canvas printer for 16×20 or 20×24 print so want to make sure it’s as I see it on line?

• #798 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Andrea, What do you mean exactly by wanting to “change out” one of your photos? Do you mean erase parts of it (if so eraser tool is coming soon), or replace a photo in a collage (if so click Undo until you’re back in Collage mode), or something else?

With cropping, basically you need to make sure the dimensions of the image match the dimensions of what you’re printing. So for example a 16×20″ canvas will need sides in the ration 16:20.

To make this easy, go to Basic Edits > Crop and Choose 8×10 in the drop down for the 16×20″ canvas. This will ensure the dimensions match perfectly. For the 20×24″ canvas there isn’t a preset so you can take the shortest side x 24 / 20 (on a calculator) to give you the longest side’s dimension and type these 2 dimensions into Crop with “No Constraints” selected in the dropdown. Alternatively you can take the longest side x 20 / 24 to give you the shortest side’s dimension.

Hope that’s not too confusing and let us know if you need further help.

• #983 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Update: You can now use the Eraser Tool to delete areas from a layer. For Nip / Tuck you can use Plastic Surgery.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #983 in Nip/tuck
Your information:

Cancel