Colors are off when edited in Elements and then sent to Ribbet

Home Forums Questions & Answers Colors are off when edited in Elements and then sent to Ribbet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Fay Stout

I simply cannot figure this out. I normally edit my photos in LR and then export as a jpeg. My color choice is srgb. If necessary, I sometimes take a photo into Elements 6 PS to edit something I cannot do adequately in LR but any of those photos that have been in PS that I use in Ribbet end up having a very wrong desaturated color although the color profile still reads srgb. The only way to rectify this is to use another program such as Fotor to do a collage or whatever as it does not alter the color of a photo after it has been worked on in PS. And interestingly enough, if I take that completed collage and bring it into Ribbet for framing or text, the colors stay true. So my question is… why is this happening? I paid for the premium Ribbet and resent having to take these photos to another program that is not quite as simple to use.

• #7204 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Fay,

Sorry to hear that you’ve run into this issue!

Would it be possible to please email us a ‘before editing with Ribbet’ and ‘after editing with Ribbet’ example jpg so that we can see the issue (to support [at] ribbet.com)?

Also, if you save as PNG from Ribbet (instead of JPG) do you still see the color issue?

• #7206 Reply
      Fay Stout

If you go to my history on Ribbet, you will see a collage with text and 3 photos of a dog that I had photoshopped the leash from. The original photo that I sent to ribbet had a gray cast to it (it is the far right image). I edited it in Ribbet and gave it a frame and it still has a gray cast. I took the original photo into Fotor and it retained the original colors and I gave it a frame. I used that same image and imported the Fotor image to Ribbet and once again, it retained the original colors and held those colors when I put it in the collage. I am so frustrated. This only happens on photos that I take into Elements 6. In doing so, I import a Tiff from LR to Elements, clone out the leash, and then send it as a jpg to my folder on the external hard drive. Hope you can see what I am trying to explain.

• #7216 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Fay,

I do understand what you’re saying. The simplest way for us to solve this problem is if you could email us the before and after jpg (to support [at] ribbet.com). The before will be the image you saved from Elements, and the after will be the image you then saved from Ribbet. We can then compare the colors, and also take a look at the EXIF data/color space, which could also be affecting the colors seen on screen.

The problem with us loading it from your History or Uploads, is that these images may already have the problem from when first being uploaded to Ribbet.

Thanks very much for reporting this issue and for your assistance in getting it sorted out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #7204 in Colors are off when edited in Elements and then sent to Ribbet
Your information:

Cancel