Can we install fonts from our own computers?

Home Forums Questions & Answers Can we install fonts from our own computers?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Katybug1337

I mean, Ribbet has a GREAT selection of fonts, but there are some that I’d like to use that are only on my computer- I downloaded them from dafont.com
      If we can, how?

• #397 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Unfortunately this isn’t something that’s currently possible. Ribbet only works with the fonts on the text tab.

• #457 Reply
      Ashtronaut

Is there anyway this kind of feature could be made available on Ribbet anytime soon?

• #460 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Ashtronaut, unfortunately not. Due to the way Ribbet has been architected, such an enhancement would be quite a big deal and so it’s unlikely to be a feature that will be available anytime soon.

• #542 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi All, good news! You can now add fonts from your own computer using our “Pro Editor” tool. Go to the Advanced Tab and choose Pro Editor, then select “Pixlr Editor”. This will open up Pixlr’s Photoshop-like editor where you can add fonts from your own computer. When you save, you will be back in Ribbet where you can continue editing. Enjoy 🙂

• #977 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Update: You can now use fonts from your computer. Simply click “Load My Fonts” at the bottom of the Ribbet font list to use any font installed on your computer.

• #999 Reply
      Miranda

Hi, so I clicked “Load my Fonts” and all of my fonts loaded. I’ve just downloaded a bunch of new fonts and I want to put them on there as well but I’m not sure how to do so. Help?

• #1004 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Miranda,

First you need to make sure you’ve installed the fonts (if you haven’t already done so): on PC (Method 2 is easiest) or on Mac

Second simply reload Ribbet and click “Load My Fonts” again.

• #1184 Reply
      Kate

I’m having similar issues. I have already downloaded and installed the fonts I want to use from the internet (they work fine in my word processor, I have windows and Microsoft Word by the way) but when I click the Add My Fonts button the only ones that show up are the ones originally programmed on my computer and not the ones I downloaded… help?

• #1187 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Kate, We’ve found that Adobe Flash caches the system font list and so to view newly installed fonts you need to close down your browser completely and re-open it. That should fix your problem, but in the unlikely event that it doesn’t, try rebooting your PC.

We’ve also put together this short tutorial for anyone looking for help through the entire “Use your own fonts” process: http://blog.ribbet.com/?topic=using-fonts-from-your-computer

• #1538 Reply
      Anne

Is there any way that I can make sure the fonts I’ve uploaded to Ribbet from my computer will stay there for future edits? It’s grown rather annoying (or perhaps I’m just lazy) to click ‘Load My Fonts’ every time I want to use them…will being able to save uploaded fonts to Ribbet ever be an accessible feature (or am I just too ignorant to find it?)?

• #1545 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Anne, Thanks for this suggestion. Saving uploaded fonts isn’t something which is current possible. I can understand the inconvenience of having to always click ‘Load My Fonts’ and find the particular font and so saving favorite fonts is a feature that we will consider adding down the track. As a workaround I know that some users keep Ribbet opened in a tab all the time so that they don’t have to always reload it. This is something you could consider, although obviously this isn’t something which appeals to everyone.

• #6953 Reply
      Victoria

Hi, I might be silly for asking the question but I am having trouble finding load my fonts button… was it tken down?

• #6979 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Victoria, Thanks for contacting us! We haven’t removed it, it’s at the bottom of the font list on the Text tab. Let us know if you have any other questions!

• #19738 Reply
      Noah

The fonts on the Text tab begin with “Basic Fonts” and end with “Halloween.” I don’t see “Load My Fonts” anywhere. Has this changed? I know you can still upload them with the Pro editor, but I was under the impression that you could now upload fonts with the regular editor.

• #19746 Reply
        Ribbet
        Keymaster

Hi Noah,

Thanks for reaching out to us! The “Load My Fonts” button isn’t within the list of fonts, it’s beneath it (just above the Photo Basket button down the bottom left of the screen).

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards – The Ribbet Team

• #20039 Reply
      Soozie

Hi, I always “Load my Fonts” when editing/designing, but whenever I want to enlarge any of the fonts that are not Ribbet fonts, they will not enlarge fully, as the Ribbet ones do ? Have tried on both Chrome and other browser, but they just never enlarge the way that the pre-loaded Ribbet ones do ? Anything I can do ?

• #20044 Reply
        Ribbet
        Keymaster

Hi Suzie,

Unfortunately this is a current limitation of Chrome, however you can certainly do this on our program version for Windows and Mac and as far as I’m aware it works normally in other browsers such as Firefox, Edge and Safari.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards – The Ribbet Team

Viewing 15 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #20044 in Can we install fonts from our own computers?
Your information:

Cancel