Basic Download Fix

Home Forums Feature Requests Basic Download Fix

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kamiko

My computer is Linux, and for that reason I can only download when I use the basic download feature. The regular download crashes my Flash every time. I also have poor internet connection, and often times I will edit a picture fully before realizing it has not uploaded to the server. I would love to go ahead and download it anyway, but the basic download button is not available when the picture has not uploaded to the server. I end up having to reload the page and edit the picture all over again to download it. Could you please make the basic downloader accessable for when the picture has not fully uploaded to the server? It would be very helpful to me.

• #6403 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Kamiko, Thanks for contacting us and so sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these issues! Unfortunately the Basic Downloader requires the image(s) to be uploaded to our server because it performs the edits on our server and then downloads the resulting edited image.

A suggestions to work around the problems you’re having: Try uploading multiple images at once. That way you can see the progress of the uploads before you start editing them, and can then be sure they’ve completed successfully before you edit. This will also allow you to get multiple uploads over and done with so you don’t have to worry if they’ve succeeded or not.

You could also try resolving the crashing you’re experiencing by experimenting with installing different (older) versions of Flash for Linux.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

• #6404 Reply
      Kamiko

That’ll help a lot, thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #6403 in Basic Download Fix
Your information:

Cancel