ACCESS TO GOOGLE PHOTOS – TERMS TO BE AGREED TO.

Home Forums Questions & Answers ACCESS TO GOOGLE PHOTOS – TERMS TO BE AGREED TO.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Stephanie May

I don’t mind giving Ribbet access to my Google Photos but what exactly do they mean by “Manage” them…..

• #21116 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

The “View and manage your Google Photos library” permission grants Ribbet the ability to:

– View photos, videos, and albums in your Google Photos library
      – Add new photos, videos, and albums to your library
      – Manage photos, videos, and albums in your library

This last manage point would refer to the ability to delete, rename and change the description etc on photos and videos.

We have only requested the minimum permissions we require to allow you to use Ribbet with your photos.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

– Regards, The Ribbet Team

• #21119 Reply
      Stephanie May

I may be overanxious here…. but give you the ability to delete?
      Is this with my permission?
      What safeguards are there in place to stop an accident or a hack that wipes everyone’s Google photos and albums???
      I’m talking years of work ….
      Thank you

• #21121 Reply
      Ribbet
      Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

Yes this does give Ribbet the permission to delete, however we don’t use this permission. We have to request it in order to be able to “View & Manage” your photos generally. All that Ribbet allows is downloading your image from Google Photos for editing, and then saving that image back to Google Photos. We also allow you to create a new Google Photos album in order to save your photos there.

We haven’t had any issues with our Google Photos integration since we released it in June 2013 (it was then through Google’s product “PicasaWeb” which later migrated to Google Photos). No one has ever lost any images or had any major issues. As there is no Ribbet code in place to delete images, there isn’t really any risk of that happening.

Please let us know if you have any further queries or concerns!

– Regards, The Ribbet Team

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #21121 in ACCESS TO GOOGLE PHOTOS – TERMS TO BE AGREED TO.
Your information:

Cancel